Digital Art Workshop
In this workshop, the students will discover their creative potential arts on their tech tablets. The students will be able to express who they are through their art. By the end of this workshop, creating digital illustrations will feel as natural as drawing with pencil and paper. The workshop will covers all the hidden tools and gestures students’ need to make creating digital illustrations easy and fun. Digital art is great tool for creating art. Students can draw anywhere and anytime. Mistakes are forgivable, they can undo a mistake with a simple double tap. It is also inexpensive because they can have all the colors they could want with just the tap of a button. It is also time saving since they don’t have the hassle of setting up the space and then cleaning afterwards. In addition, it is a lucrative skill, students can sell their digital art in forms of logo, greeting cards, wedding invitations, baby announcements, etc. Plus you’ll learn how to make and share a cool time lapse video of your art!
We are conducting the workshop using two art applications, Procreate and Autodesk Sketchbook. Procreate has a small one-time subscription fee and it is restricted to iPad and Apple Pencil. However, Autodesk Sketchbook is compatible with both iOS and Android and it is free.
- Introduction to digital art
- Process and techniques of making a digital art
- Basics of Sketchbook/Procreate app and their respective tools Hacks and tricks to make an artwork
- Demonstration and detailed explanation of a portrait illustration (do-along)
Lesson learning outcomes
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to
- Have a finished portrait with an object
- Understood the tools and techniques of digital art in their desired app of choice
- Download Autodesk Sketchbook or Procreate
- Tablet (only iPad and Apple Pencil for Procreate)
Who Should Attend?
- Age group: ages 11 and above
- Duration: 2 hrs.